According to the newest stats, 571 GPs, 1,900 specialists and 202 pediatricians have signed to be a part of the GESY healthcare technique to date. The method has been in procedure for two many years now, and in general, I believe this part of Cyprus’s social reform has been profitable.
I want to update you on the attributes and techniques of the well being system and price contributions to the procedure so that you have all the present data at your fingertips.
What overall health services are presented on GESY?
- Own doctors’ health care provision
- Expert doctors’ healthcare provision (all specialisms, like unusual circumstances)
- Drugs products
- Laboratory checks
- Inpatient medical center and clinic provision
- Health care for incidents and emergencies (some A & E condition and personal hospital departments recognized to sign up for the process in November this calendar year but this has now been postponed because of to the pandemic)
- Ambulance services
- Well being professionals’ expert services like nurses, midwifes, scientific psychologists, dieticians, physiotherapists, occupational and speech therapists (this is pretty useful, as previously these expert services were only truly obtainable privately and were being very highly-priced)
- Dentistry (preventative get the job done)
- Most cancers treatment and rehabilitation
Who can benefit from GESY?
- Everlasting resident Europeans and their relatives customers
- Non-EU citizens (this kind of as the Cyprus) who are everlasting inhabitants in Cyprus and call for treatment method, and also their loved ones associates
How considerably are the contributions?
Pensioners and personnel lead 2.65% payment and the condition pays 4.70%. The contributions are gathered by the tax and social coverage departments.
You can entry all the healthcare services GESY provides when you have enrolled on the GHS (Gesy Wellbeing Provider) portal and registered for the own health care provider that you decide on.
My Cyprus mates picked their health practitioner on the foundation of which is closest to where they reside. The own health practitioner that you pick out, although, is often the first make contact with that you will have, whatsoever treatment provider you require. So you cannot pick the wellness provider you think you will need – you always have to be guided in your choice by your individual medical professional.
Even so, you are absolutely free to pick the actual specialist medical doctor, lab, healthcare facility or non-public or community overall health service provider that you wish – as extensive as they are registered with GESY. Or, you can private if you would like, in spite of remaining with the GESY system, but this involves a greater value.
There are small more payments on the GESY procedure for outpatient expert services. For case in point, you will pay back €1 for each medication product or service on a prescription, €1 per laboratory take a look at and €6 per visit to an outpatient expert health care provider. Nonetheless, all inpatient hospitalisations and wellbeing treatment, as nicely as accessing your own medical professional is free of charge of charge.
Prior to GESY, browsing my GP used to price €50 for every time, and when I had to acquire my children to their pediatrician for little one vaccinations, it applied to cost €70 per time – so these are huge personal savings!
All through the latest coronavirus pandemic, the GESY technique has proved its value even a lot more. Numerous elderly people have visited their own health care provider to acquire the Covid-19 vaccinations and this assistance is now free of charge of charge, in comparison to a pair of many years in the past.
So typically, I consider the new GESY healthcare system listed here in Cyprus is a important authorities initiative. It was absolutely essential since right before it was introduced, the general public had to count on high priced private health care that was based mostly on professional medical insurance plan guidelines. The entire implementation of the GESY method has been delayed due to the pandemic, and I assume it will be establish to be a excellent asset to Cyprus when the procedure can totally unfold.